Proverbs 3:13 says, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.”
As President Trump begins his time in office, I am sharing some practical and biblically-based ways in which he can help black America as well as some practical and biblically based ways black America can be of help to him.
So far, we have named the following ways President Trump can help black America:
1. President Trump Can Help Black America by Setting a Godly Example
2. President Trump Can Help Black America by Not Circumventing the Legitimate Leadership of the Black Community; Rather he Should Reach Out to Them Respectfully and Individually
3. President Trump Can Help Black America by Hiring a Trusted African-American to be One of his Senior Advisers Along with Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, and Jared Kushner
4. President Trump Should Take Some Time to Learn How to Communicate Well With Black People
5. President Trump Needs to Cease Assuming that All Black People Live in “Hell”
6. President Trump Should Keep his Promise to Create Jobs
7. President Trump Should Make Health Care Truly Affordable and Universal
We have also shared the following ways black America can help President Trump:
1. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by Praying for him
2. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by being Open-minded and Giving him a Chance
3. Black Americans Can Help President Trump by Respecting the Office Even if They Can’t Respect the Man Occupying the Office
4. Black Americans Should Not Do to President Trump What Some Whites, Including Trump, Did to President Obama
5. Black Americans Can Help the Trump Presidency by Working Hard and Striving to be Successful
6. Black Americans Should Not Take Out Their Frustrations With President Trump On Other White People
7. Black Christian Leaders Need to Step Up, Introduce Themselves, and Let Donald Trump Know They Want to Help Him “Make America Great Again”
Allow me to share with you another way President Trump can help black America and another way black America can help President Trump.
— President Trump Should Keep Open (and Possibly Expand) Federal Student Aid
Proverbs 3:13 says, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.”
There are some things that you can only get from God and from having a right relationship with God. Wisdom is such a thing. In fact, James 1:5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” However, there are other things that we must work to get. Understanding and education are such things. In the Bible, we see that a man “finds” or “receives” wisdom. But he must work at getting understanding. The preacher of Ecclesiastes spent much of his time studying and observing life in order to understand the meaning of it. That is what the Bible means when it speaks of education — studying, observing, examining, and being trained in a subject in order to understand it.
Regarding the latter part of this verse, Joseph Benson said Solomon’s words imply that “men should labor for understanding as those labor who dig and draw forth metals out of the earth.” Education is hard work because it requires us to discipline our flesh. Paul said, “Much study is a weariness to the flesh.” But God uses those who take the time to get educated. He used Moses who was “learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians” to write the five books of the Law in the Old Testament. He used Paul, who was taught personally by Gamaliel, the most celebrated Jewish teacher of his time, to write most of the New Testament and lay the foundation for the spread of Christianity across the Roman Empire.
Statistics have shown that those who have a college education get higher paying jobs and have a lower unemployment rate. And the more people who are working in a given society, the more stable and prosperous that society is. To that end, we encourage President Trump to keep open (and possible expand) Federal Student Aid.
Most young black people do not have parents or grandparents with the means to save money in a college fund for their offspring. Nor do most black people come from the type of background that the president came from, where they can pay for college expenses upfront. Thus, the government’s federal student aid provision is a great help. (Unfortunately, some of our people do not take advantage of it as they should.) And unfortunately, many people of all races abuse this wonderful opportunity and make it bad for others.
That being said, with Mr. Trump’s emphasis on cutting unnecessary spending and shutting down inefficient government programs, some are concerned that education funding may be affected. If President Trump wants to help the black community, it is our humble recommendation that he keep all education funding, and in fact, expand it.
Providing student aid for those who wish to go to college but simply don’t have the money is an investment that provides a great return over the long haul. A college degree enables people to become citizens who give back to their government (through paying taxes) and their community (through being positive contributors and role models). They add to society, not just benefit from it. Those with college degrees are better equipped to make America great again.
— Now, here is the eighth thing black people can do to help the new president: Black Americans Should Find Things They Can Work On With the Trump Administration
In Matthew 5:25 Jesus admonished his followers to “Agree with thine adversary quickly.” This statement was made in the context of how to resolve legal disputes. “Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.”
Throughout Scripture, we see the value of cooperating with others for the greater good. In Psalm 133:1, David declared, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” The Wise Preacher wrote in Ecclesiastes, “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.” One commentary says, “Those who live together in any kind of society, and join their powers together in pursuit of any important object act more cheerfully, and accomplish their designs more readily, than any of them could do in a solitary state.”
Steve Harvey, prompted by President Obama, set a great example by meeting with President-Elect Trump and one of his appointees, Ben Carson. Speaking from Trump Tower in New York, Harvey expressed that while he had supported Hillary Clinton, he was ready to work with the Trump administration for the benefit of urban communities.
This should be the attitude of all Black Americans. You may not agree with the Trump administration on everything, but those things that you can agree on you should support and work to accomplish.
One of the banes of our politics is the idea that the “other side” is always wrong. The party system, which George Washington declared was ‘of the devil’, reinforces this. Some Republicans rejected proposals and refused to work on them simply because they were proposed by and/or supported by President Obama, a Democrat. There are Democrats gearing up to do the same thing to President Trump, no matter what he proposes, simply out of spite over the election. Don’t be one of those people.
In closing, allow me to remind you that the only way America’s problems can be truly solved is through Jesus Christ, God’s Son who came to this earth two thousand years ago. The problem with people on this earth is sin. And Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins, so that we would not have to suffer eternal punishment in Hell. Billy Graham once said, “I do not believe that any man can solve the problems of life without Jesus Christ.” No matter what problems you are facing, you can only find the solution for your problems in Jesus Christ. If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please allow me to show you how you can accept Him as your Savior today:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20, “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
4. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. Romans 10:9, 13 says: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and today I choose to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and I choose to follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email me at email@example.com and let us know. There is some free material that we want to send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that to us as well, and we will pray for you until you tell us to stop.
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless you.